I was having a bad week this week and just couldn’t seem to focus on work tasks. This seems to be happening a lot these days and not just to me. Research from Gallup shows that a record number of employees are Disengaged Employees. What do you do when this happens?
With cold weather on the way, I decided to spend the rest of the week outside riding my bike and taking in the beautiful scenery in Virginia. My boyfriend had given me an electric bike for my birthday and it is wonderful to be able to ride further and get up hills faster. The bike assists me on the hills if I put it into an electric mode so I am still getting exercise, I am just getting an assist as I need it.
Just like in life, having wonderful people and love ones that can “Assist” you during the times you are feeling down is a blessing. Being a coach allows me to “Assist” my clients and brings me joy. Here are a few things you can do this week to assist someone you know:
- Call a friend to check-in and listen to how they are doing
- Reach out to a professional colleague you haven’t spoken to in some time.
- Send someone a note – people still love to get snail mail and handwritten notes.
- Drop off some baked goods at a neighbor’s house with a note that you are thinking of them.
- Facetime with friends for a virtual happy hour or games.